Tuesday, February 2, 2016

CHARGE semester

My semester in review with CHARGE, it was CHARGE'd up. This past semester was one of my favorite semester on residential life. One of the major reasons is because of my CHARGE team. From getting to know them on a personal level at the MSAC retreat to now. The next event that memorable for me as a peer educator is the check your privilege program with CPE Michelle. It was eye opening to hear other people experiences, especially the black women. Another program that I had and I thought was different was CHARGE Talk. That was a smaller version of Ted talk. It was a powerful moment because the people that was there was under-privileged people: women. More specifically white and black women. It showed me who cares and it also showed me how I could improve as a CPE. The last thing I want to mention is that as a CPE you could truly help people learn about what they are saying is wrong. What I mean by that is on my quad if someone says something that is inappropriate the caption that is said is that's not charge. Love the position and you will never want to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment