Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Introducing CPE Michelle DeOcampo



     Hello everyone! My name is Michelle DeOcampo, and I am the CHARGE Peer Educator for Colonial Quad. I’m a senior majoring in Globalization and Social Welfare. I studied abroad in Cambodia during my sophomore year, and have also spent time in the Philippines. I also studied Mandarin and Tagalog during my junior year. When I’m not on Colonial Quad, you can find me around campus organizing advocacy campaigns as President of UAlbany Peace Action, interning at the Global Institute for Health and Human Rights, or volunteering with locally resettled refugees. I discovered my passion for social justice through my firsthand experiences in the developing world, and that passion grew as I experienced the diversity of our campus. As a CPE, I hope to get students in touch with their inner sense of humanity and equality, and to challenge us all to be agents of change in everyday ways. I encourage you all to utilize CHARGE as an outlet to voice your thoughts on hot topic issues, a vehicle to challenge non-inclusive norms, and a resource to learn about all the individualities that make our community unique. There is beauty and strength in our differences, and I look forward to helping you connect with the diversity of our campus!

No comments:

Post a Comment